To save a copy of this page, we offer a PDF to download and print out.
WHAT IS INTEGRATIVE OR COMPLEMENTARY VETERINARY MEDICINE?
Integrated Veterinary Medicine combines multiple approaches to health care in pets:
1. Traditional “Western” medicine that relies on diagnostics, medication, lifestyle changes, and surgery.
2. Chinese medicine comprising of herbs, supplements, acupuncture and laser treatments.
3. Focus on whole food nutrition to maintain health and treat disease.
4. Emphasis on gut microbiome and supporting balance for overall health.
1. One size does not fit all – we are able to tailor diagnostics and therapy for the unique needs of each pet.
2. Often herbs or supplements and gentler therapies can be used to treat pain and disease.
3. When medication and surgery are needed, we can provide appropriate care.
4. Dietary changes can treat and prevent most diseases, resulting in longer lives for our beloved fur babies.